Monday, September 20, 2021

Making A Board Game!

Hey bloggers! For my art on Friday, I had to make a board game. I think I might know what you're thinking about. Yup, we're doing the same tasks from last to last Friday.  But, anyways here it is as I promised....
Just saying it took me a couple of days to make!!! Or let's say about more than a week!






As you can see, there is an instruction sheet and a packet of things you will need to play the game. I really like how the game board has turned out. As you can see again that I used my creativity to think about how people will know what spot their on. I used different sized, colours and shaped buttons. The players can use their button to move around on squares. Also, the white paper in the packet is the instructions fold up. I opened the instructions for you to see what I have written right here⬆
The purple cards in the packet have stuff written on the back. While you are playing and if you land on a spot that says "pick a card" you pick the top card of the pile. See what it says and then follow. It might say "Swap places with someone" or "Go to the start". Well I did those types thing to make the game fun. Each player rolls the dice. I named my game "Lollipop forest remix". Sounds heaps of fun! Yes, I have played it with my mum and it was really really really fun. Cause I kept landing on spaces that had a lollipop. Wait, forgot to mention that if you land on a lollipop, it means you skip your next turn. I decorated it to make it look nice and make people want to play it. Because it was related to lollipops I added a forest of lollipops and a fairy collecting them. It has a lollipop trail that means if you are on a spot that has a lollipop trail it means you follow the trail to the spot it takes you. So, you get to skip a few spots! There is only one lollipop trail but there is also a lollipop pass. A lollipop pass is the same thing as a lollipop trail but just instead of the "trail" it has "pass".   I am really proud of my work I did. I hope you like it too. Tell me in the comments down bellow if you'd ever like to play my game or you'd want to try this task. Maybe you could show me how your board game turned out. What should I do instead to make it better or what was your favourite bit about my creation? Bye for now, i'll see you in my next post. 👋😼




10 comments:

  1. Hi Charmy,

    My favourite thing is the game board!
    I like the drawing of the fairy it looks so good!

    Keep up the good work 👁️👄👁️👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Keisha,

      Thanks. I also think my fairy had turned out good. I felt really proud.

      Delete
  2. Ka pai Charmy. What a great idea for disconnect Fridays. I like how you've thought about the instructions and how you will explain the game to others. Lot of board games have play along videos online so people can get more of an idea of how they work. Maybe if you play the game with someone in your bubble you could post a video of it? Also, do you know how to turn your photos round so they are the right way?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phil!

      I don't know how to turn the photos around but I have purposely put it like that cause the photos will take more space if I put it the right way.

      I have already played my game with my bubble and it was really fun. I did a bit of editing on it cause it was quite impossible to get to the end.


      Delete
  3. What a brilliant board game you have created Charmy! I like all the Lollipops on the board game and the rules! What is your favourite board game to play? Have a wonderful day Charmy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Reuben!

      It's nice to see you on my posts and commenting on them. I also really like how the lollipops have turned out. My favourite board game to play is probably Monopoly or Candyland.

      Delete
  4. Keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Reuben. Have a great day too! :D

      Delete
  5. Wow Charmy, that game looks fantastic!

    Your clearly put a lot of work into making it look the best it can, your instructions are very clear and your even included the extra items you need to play the game.

    Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lisa,

    Thanks for the comment. I have definitely put a lot of effort in my work cause it took me MORE THAN A WEEK for me to make!!! The extra items I have put in my game are really important. We need the buttons to know what is your peice and we need the instructions to know how to play. The card are to make the game really fun cause it says funny dares you need to do. My favourite thing it says is "Make someone go to back to the start" :D

    ReplyDelete