Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Making An Infinity Cube!

 Lot's of people like playing with fidget toys. Like pop it's, stress balls, pop tubes, pea poppers, simple dimples and heap and heaps more. I have quite a few fidgets. But sometimes it's a lot more fun to make a diy fidget. So I decided to make my own and I chose the Infinity Cube! Making an Infinity Cube was SO HARD! First I had to make cubes then join the cubes together so it can move. The cubes were free hand drawn but it was paper. So when I make it, it could get squashed. I thought for a moment what I would do, then came up with an awesome idea. I filled the cubes with tissues, so if it gets squashed it will rise up to it's proper shape again. I tried it on one and worked. So I did it to the rest! Afterwards, when I was done I thought it looked a bit plane. So decided to paint it. I painted it different colours to make it look nice. One thing I hated was that when I painted one side, the paint goes threw the cracks and go over some of the colours I had painted before. Then I had to painted the side again! It was so annoying! But after a little while it was alright and got a bit better. Then again I ruined it with the black paint! I wanted to make it a bit unique so I decided with the black paint i'll make designs. But it got worse and guess what I can't go over it because it was a light colour. Yellow! Can yellow go over black I thought. Of course not. Can it? I felt so stupid to put black paint and ruin it. Anyway it wasn't even a little bit of black, it was huge black spots! Because it was still wet, I wiped some of it of with a tissue. And the rest I used water to get it off. Then went over the whole thing with yellow! It was saved! Great, I thought I had to start it all over again! It looks SOO COOL! Here are a few pictures of me holding the Infinity Cube!😹🙊












                                                                                                               




9 comments:

  1. Wow Charmy sounds like your project was a bit of a roller-coaster. You have demonstrated your awesome problem solving skills and I can see how much effort you have put into your design. It is awesome to see what you can create in lockdown. Your cube looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Rose. Thank you very much for your nice comment.

      Delete
  2. It sounded like a lot of fun a bit frustrating as well. It reminds me of some of projects I've done that have been frustrating. Maybe you could enlarge the font size because I had to zoom in to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anna. Sorry for the zooming in for you i'll change the font size. The reason why I kept it small was because it's too much writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, I see you've changed it now.

      Delete
  4. Hi Charmy,its nice to see that you are trying new things! Also great job for not giving up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Diana! Thanks for comment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kia ora Charmy,

    Wow! How creative are you! I liked how you were resilient and came up with solutions. I like the detail you have put on your blog posts. To make it easier for your reader, remember to use paragraphs - it will make your writing flow.

    Looking forward to future blog posts,
    Miss Laxa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kia ora Miss Laxa!

    Thank you for your comment.
    Next time i'll add paragraphs to my writing.

    ReplyDelete